The end of your life may not be a thrilling subject, but it is an important one. How will your family deal with your absence? What will it cost for them to move on? What will happen to your stuff?
With this concise guide to estate planning, excerpted from Money Talks News' new course, Money Made Simple, you'll learn:
- How to organize your financial life for loved ones to handle when you're gone
- Different types of powers of attorney, and how to name them
- How to write a will and ensure things are handled the way you want
- Ways to avoid the probate system with beneficiary accounts, trusts, and other tools
- Whether to prepay funeral expenses
- How estate taxes work
Use this guide to ensure your final gift to your loved ones is exactly what you expect.